Gratia software Limited
Last Updated: April 4, 2016
Gratia Software Limited (“Gratia,” “we,” and “us”) respects the privacy of its users (“you”) and has developed this Policy (the “Policy”) to demonstrate its commitment to protecting your privacy. This Policy describes the information we may collect, how we may use the information and your choices about the collection and use of this information. You should read this Policy carefully as by using our app, Gratia, (the “Service”) you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
An overview of the Service in relation to privacy
Gratia is a social app, and consequently provides services and processes by which you can meet new people and make new friends, as well as keeping in touch with existing friends. We therefore need to have some personal information about you to ensure you are a real person and to prevent improper use of the app (as described in our Terms of Service).
However, we wish to keep the requirement to provide personal information to the minimum required for Gratia to work. In particular:
· It is easy to opt in or out of providing personal information in most instances, although opting out may reduce the functionality of the app.
· All information you provide, personal or otherwise, remains your property and we will not monetize it. This includes photos, chat messages, and personal details.
· We will not be running advertisements inside the app that are reliant on access to your personal information. We will however store and analyze aggregated or other anonymized data for analytical and commercial purposes.
Of course, we still have to find ways to make money and our focus will over time be threefold:
· Gratia has a product we call Themes. This allows any user to provide their own rich content by way of an “App Takeover” for a designated location. You can easily avoid Themes – just ignore them when they are offered to you.
· There may be services or products available in the future that permit a user to make purchases, win prizes etc. In this case, you will need to opt in to providing us, or a partner providing the services, with sufficient financial and other personal information to complete the transaction.
· Some other activity related content may be paid for by the providers of this content. This content will always need to meet our fundamental requirement – provide fun and interesting experiences for our users.
These processes are covered by this Policy and the Gratia Terms of Service.
Information we will collect about you
To provide the Service, we may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, retain and use data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in countries around the world.
To register as a user with Gratia, you will be asked to sign up using your Facebook login. By logging in, you will authorize us to access some Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook name, your email address and profile photos. If you do not wish to provide this information, please do not proceed through the sign up process. You may also opt to provide additional personal information, including gender, age or birthday, a personal description and other, but this is not required to use the app. You may add to or delete any of this additional personal information from your Gratia account at any time inside our app, however this may result in some restrictions in functionality.
You will also be asked to allow Gratia to collect your location information from your device when you sign up or use the Service. This is required for the app to work correctly, however your personal location information and any use of location services is not stored by us, although it is cached on your mobile device to make the search process more efficient. We do collect aggregated location information to manage and improve our Service.
If you chat with other Gratia users, you do not provide us the content of your chats. These are encrypted and remain your property. If you have a concern about another user’s chat messages, you will need to provide us with screen shot copies as part of the complaint process.
We automatically collect information from your mobile device when you use our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, the operating system used by your device, access times and your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running.
When you use Gratia, we use your mobile device ID (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later) to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of the app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. We or third party analytics companies contracted by us use device IDs to track information about app usage.
We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties.
How we use the information we collect
In general, we may use information that we collect about you to:
· deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
· manage your account and provide you with customer support;
· perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
· communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
· develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
· website or mobile application analytics;
· verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
· enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service; and
· perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time they are performed.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
Information shared with other users
When you register as a user of Gratia, your Gratia profile will be viewable by other users of the Service, subject to an option you can exercise to select from your Gratia and Facebook friends who is able to view you.
Subject to this setting, other users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as photos, your first name, your age, approximate number of miles/kms away and your personal description. If you swipe up to say “yes” to a person you do not already know, and if that person swipes up to you, you will both be able to chat to each other.
We may disclose your information, including personal information:
· In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
· We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
Third Party Websites
There are a number of places on our Service where you may click on a link to access other apps and websites that we do not control. These third- party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites and apps you visit.
How you can access your information
If you have a Gratia account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information within the Service by going to Settings. You also may close your account at any time by visiting the "Settings" page for your account.
Our Service delivers notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device. However, this may reduce the quality of the Service.
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should always take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the US Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our Service
Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in any country where our servers are located and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the website.
Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this Policy. We recommend that you check our Service from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies.
The laws of New Zealand govern these Terms and any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email or postal mail as follows:
Gratia Software Limited